That’s what foiling means to us. For most windsurfers, foiling has the potential to double their time on the water.
Our foil equipment has been designed to get people up and flying easily, safely and with as much fun as possible. By directly understanding all the variables ourselves, we have made the design choices to deliver a foiling experience that will expand your windsurfing world. Fly high!
RedWing Foil Components:
90 cm mast, 95 cm fuselage
1400 cm2 front wing, 350 cm2 tail wing
An increased distance between front wing and back wing promotes stability, improves light wind efficiency and smoothes the ride.
90 cm vertical reduces both touchdowns and breaches. It allows enough height to clear chop and ride with confidence.
FRONT WING WIDTH
The 1400 wing is 76 cm wide so it does not require a super wide board to control the leverage. Suits boards in the 65 cm – 85 cm range.
Foiling is more fun when you’re not bleeding. So we considered every component and how its user friendliness could be improved.
- All wingtips have rounded tips and are curved down, away from kicking feet.
- Wing covers are designed to stay on during setup, minimizing accidents while on land.
- 90 cm vertical mast gives enough height for correct technique, minimizing both touchdowns and breaches.
- Rigid aluminium hardware delivers consistent, reliable lift which increases control.
Rigging up has never been the most fun part of windsurfing. Adding a foil can increase the complexity, so we have focused on making it as easy as possible.
- Minimal bolts mean less to install.
- Only 2 different bolt types – short bolts for the wings, and long ones for the vertical.
- A single tool required. The 5mm Hex Key was selected for it’s long-term reliability, the abundance of compatible tools (many sails use this size for batten tension), and easy replacement of bolts.
- Plug in connections between fuselage/vertical and fuselage/front wing.
If you’re flying half a metre out of the water, you don’t want that front wing moving around underneath you. Rigidity is the key to holding the wings in a consistent position. Rigidity allows you to lock in and windsurf on the foil, rather than riding a bucking bronco.
- Vertical geometry maximizes stiffness. 19mm thick x 145mm wide. Much stiffer both longitudinally and torsionally than most carbon verticals.
- Spigot on fuselage locks into the vertical section.
- Fuselage uses straight sections for directional stability, and to maximize the strength/weight ratios.
- 4x connection surfaces on the front wing connection reduces any movement.
ALL-ROUND FRONT WING
The 1400 wing uses a profile designed to be stable and forgiving without sacrificing speed. A relatively thin 10.8% thickness combined with a refined leading edge reduce drag, whilst the draft forward profile enhances stability over a wide range of speeds.
Wing outlines have been designed with safety in mind.
All wing tips are rounded and curved downwards away from kicking feet.
Easy enough for your first flights, the RedWing is fun enough to keep you foiling into gybes, 360’s and beyond. Cruise speed is set at 20knots for free-ride foil performance.
1400cm/2 front wing has enough area to handle low speed maneuvers whilst still being fast enough for fun.
The low-aspect front wing is 76cm wide, making it suited to narrower freeride foil boards 65-85cm.
A longer 95 cm fuselage increases pitch stability and enables less concentration on foil trim.
ONE HEX-5 KEY FOR ALL BOLTS
M8 bolts offer nearly double the strength as M6 bolts.
All bolts are standard and can easily be found at a hardware store.
CARBON TORSION CONTROL FRAME
INTERNAL CARBON FRAME
The DARK WEB utilizes a series of internal carbon stringers in the front wing to increase stiffness with minimal weight.
AUXILLIARY PARTS: CUSTOMIZE YOUR REDWING FOIL
1800 FRONT WING
Increased light wind performance
Suitable for heavier riders
1000 FRONT WING
Suitable for lighter riders
Less lift than 350 (supplied) stabilizer
There are no reviews yet.