Reduced to the very essentials, the ultra-light and yet durable SUPER_STAR SLS has incredible handling, yet no sacrifice in durability and longevity. Therefore, Duotone is offering the unsurpassed Duotone 5-year warranty!
Duotone sought out and developed the highest-quality, extremely resilient and durable materials that offer both sail performance advantages and weight savings. With the SLS, Duotone introduces the new CarbonXPly that directs tension and load forces in a more targeted manner, leaving the sail with a certain flexibility that does not give way under high pressure.
Last but not least, even the visuals were included in the weight savings, which is why designer Kai Hopf eliminated unnecessary graphic elements. As a result, the SLS signals its reduction to the essentials and its one hundred percent focus on maximum performance and mega handling.
- Stripped to the Max: As light as a membrane construction, without the disadvantages in terms of durability and profile stability
- VTS Tail Outhaul Specs: defined visual indicators for the correct outhaul extension (when using VTS tail boom)
- Carbon XPLY: X-Ply reinforced with unidirectional carbon strings for unmatched low stretch and direct reaction
- One Piece Sleeve: no more seam at the leading edge
- VTS Downhaul 2.0: optional quick rigging patch to spot downhaul trimming without even looking at the top
- XPLY Plus: laminate with the lowest stretch and best UV and puncture resistance
- Epoxy Battens: unbreakable epoxy battens
- iRocket 2.0: Factory calibrated individual batten tensions
WILL MY MAST WORK WITH A DUOTONE WAVE SAIL?
The answer varies through models and sizes, but you can generally expect…
80-90% compatibility with RDM masts from Challenger, Ezzy, Goya, Gun Sails, KA Sails, Loft Sails, Naish, Neil Pryde, NoLimitz, RRD, S2Maui, Sailloft, Sailworks, and Severne (from 2014 on).
70-80% compatability with Hot Sails Maui, Neil Pryde (SDM masts), Point7, Severne (SDM masts 2014 on), Simmer Style, and Chinook masts.
No compatibility with Avanti, Gaastra (up to 2016), Maui Sails, Severne (up to 2013), and Vandal masts.