The new SUPER_HERO remains the ultimate World Cup Wave sail and works optimally in all wave conditions. It’s unrivaled neutral feeling in the hands as well as stability and control in every situation makes it the favorite sail of PWA Wave triple world champion, Victor Fernandez.
It rides smoothly, is as responsive as a 3-batten sail in drift and go conditions and has real bite at the decisive moment. It is direct when pumping, planes early, develops real drive on the wave, is stable and offers a special neutrality for superior control thanks to its centered draft position. The SUPER_HERO is well known for its durability, which is maintained in the new version, despite the noticeable weight reduction. Unlike other brands, the thickness of the fabric and film used has not been reduced to achieve this – why they call it the LIGHT DONE RIGHT CONSTRUCTION.
The batten rotation remains buttery smooth even with minimal clew tension and the top works very actively to swallow hard gusts and support acceleration. Therefore, you can confidently choose a smaller sail size than many other wave sails.
- Light done right construction: weight reduction of 200 to 300g
- VTS Tail Outhaul Specs: defined visual indicators for the correct outhaul extension (when using VTS tail boom)
- One Piece Sleeve: no more seam at the leading edge
- XPLY Plus: laminate with the lowest stretch and best UV and puncture resistance
- VTS Downhaul 2.0: optional quick rigging patch to spot downhaul trimming without even looking at the top
- Epoxy Battens: unbreakable epoxy battens
- iRocket 2.0: factory calibrated individual batten tensions
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2022?
- Improved handling and neutrality
- Reduced sail weight of 200-300g
- New “One Piece Sleeve” mast sleeve construction for efficiency and fine tuning
- Modified Panel layout with reinforcement patches
- Slightly reduced profile depth to offer max control
The 2022 SUPER_HERO’s new luff length, mast sleeve construction and slightly reduced profile depth work together to offer the best tuning, maximum control during challenging jumps and in massive swell and to make an extremely efficient sail that does not lose propulsion in underpowered conditions.
WILL MY MAST WORK WITH A DUOTONE WAVE SAIL?
The answer varies through models and sizes, but you can generally expect…
80-90% compatibility with RDM masts from Ezzy, Goya, Naish, Neil Pryde, NoLimitz, S2 Maui, Sailworks, and Severne (from 2014 on).
70-80% compatibility with Hot Sails Maui, Simmer Style, and Chinook RDM masts.
No compatibility with Gaastra (up to 2016), Maui Sails, and Severne (up to 2013) RDM masts.