Our North Sonar Modular Foil technology represents North’s design philosophy at its most pure: stripped back to the necessary.
With a range of fully interchangeable components, the Sonar system allows you to embrace the conditions by customizing your setup.
Focused on performance, durability and rider comfort the Sonar Foil series sets a new benchmark for modular foil systems that crosses disciplines with ease, whether you’re kite foiling, wake foiling, foil surfing or SUP foiling.
Our Sonar Freeride Edition provides a forgiving and well balanced ride, with easy planing and amazing performance at both the top and bottom end of the wind range.
All Sonar Foil parts are interchangeable so you can customize your ride with our fully modular system.
The 850 Edition holds lift through slow speed gibes and tacks without stalling, and allows easy recovery from surface-breaching. Smooth and fast at the top end of the wind range.
Carbon 6061-T6 Aluminum Composite
- Designed for maximum freeride performance. The Sonar 850 carries the lift through all maneuvers and lets you step up your foil game with ease.
- Anhedral wing profile and swept back outline allows for a more agile flight mode and roll stability during maneuvers.
- Optimized low drag foil section allows for thrilling top end speeds combined with unseen low stall speed.
- Lightweight Carbon Sandwich Construction
- The 85cm Mast is ideal for freeride foiling and increases overall ride performance. The additional length allows you to heel over more, fly the kite lower and power up more. It is also more forgiving in rougher conditions.
- The aluminium mast’s section profile reflects an optimised balance for strength to weight ratio.
- GeoLock tapered geometry locking connection for optimised load bearing.
- Tapered to fit Aluminium Mast to Board Adaptor
- Arc-shaped rear stabilizer provides control and riding comfort, allowing fast pivoting turns and easy recovery from surface-breaching.
- Rear-wing stabilizer sits upward facing on top of fuselage for greater structural integrity, undisturbed approaching flow and easy recovery from surface piercing.
- Delivers a harmoniously balanced ride from the lowest wind speeds right through to the top end.
- Hydrodynamic fuselage with optimised strength to weight, for a long lasting, well balanced foil with minimum resistance.
- Hydrodynamically-optimised shape for minimal resistance.
- CNC-machined anodised aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum fuselage.
- GeoLock transfers the load from the fuselage into the aluminium mast more efficiently for a stronger connection with less flex and a more direct feeling.
- Sonar 850 Wing
- 85cm Aluminium Mast
- Aluminium Fuselage
- Composite Stabilizer
- Aluminium Mast To Board Adapter
- Foil Tool Set
- Foil Screw Packs A,B,C,D