Airtime DIY Kite Repair Kit
This kite repair kit can't duplicate the results of a professional sewn repair but is a good option for those that aren't worried about resale value, are fixing a kite that is at the end of its life, or can't access a professional kite repair facility. Regardless of the claims made by other kite repair kit providers, a DIY repair with fiberglass tape and glue will always look like a self fix, won't be as strong as a sewn repair, and can affect the performance of the kite by adding weight and affecting the stretch of the canopy. The backbone of the repair kit is the Seam Grip glue famous in the outdoor community for its incredible strength and flexibility. The Seam Grip glue not only works wonders seaming kite fabric back together but also works to reattach failing valves. This versatile glue allows us to offer you a simple kit that will take care of almost any repair need you may have. The kit comes in a quality 6" x 6" x 2.5" box with a watertight seal and locking lid.
- 20' of fiberglass tape (compare to KiteFix FiberFix)
- 1 oz tube of Seam Grip glue (compare to KiteFix GluFix Adhesive)
- 5" stainless steel scissors
- 10' of Dacron repair tape (5' white, 5' black)
- Bladder patch kit with a 5 3/4"x3"
- Tear-Aid adhesive patch
- 1 roll of masking tape
- 1 Sharpie marker
- Plastic spreader card
- 99% alcohol swabs
- 5 zip ties
FREE SHIPPING OVER $100
• Most orders over $100 ship free in the contiguous US.
Used gear ships by quote only
Looking for an excuse to visit Hood River? Pick your gear up in store and save on sales tax!
• Some oversize items not included in this offer.View Details
- In stock